All meetings, and non-essential activities in our parish are suspended or postponed
- Coronavirus and Sleep
- Mental Health Tips
- Talking to Kids About Coronavirus
- Share Facts About Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Symptoms
Virus Season Announcement – Diocese of Rockville Centre
As of March 15, 2020, the Centers for Disease Control announced that it is recommended that all events involving 50 people or more be suspended or postponed. In an effort to promote health and safety of all people, the Diocese of Rockville Centre announces the following measures:
1. Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:00 PM, all Masses (weekday and weekend), meetings, and non-essential activities in our parishes are suspended or postponed through Tuesday, April 14, 2020. This will include all Holy Week and Easter Liturgies. However, these will be televised and available online (see below).
This includes all Confirmations, First Communions, First Confessions, etc. When these events are rescheduled, they will be announced by local parishes. Funerals and weddings may be permitted if necessary, but should be limited to immediate family and remain under 50 people in attendance. Baptisms should be postponed unless absolutely necessary and should observe the same limits.
2. Churches may remain open for private prayer at the discretion of the Pastor. However, they must observe the recommendation of fewer than 50 people permitted.
3. The Catholic Faith Network (CFN) will provide televised and online daily Masses, including Holy Week and Easter Liturgies, as well as other devotional and spiritual programs. (Optimum channel 29/137, Verizon FiOS TV channel 296, and Spectrum channel 162/471.) CFN is also available on selected cable and satellite systems and through 24/7 live stream at CFNtv.org. You can also watch CFN on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android, or by downloading the CFN iOS mobile app at the app store by searching “Catholic Faith Network” or “CFN”.
4. Your local parish may also offer live streaming of liturgies. Please check your parish web site for availability.
5. Currently, our Catholic Schools are closed through March 27, 2020, following the measures taken by Nassau and Suffolk public schools. However, we continue to monitor the situation and will adapt and update as needed. Our parish Religious Education programs will remain suspended until Tuesday, April 14, 2020. Again, we continue to monitor the situation and will adapt and update as needed.
6. In an effort to participate in the statewide efforts to halt the spread of the COVID-19 virus, effective on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the administrative offices of the Diocese of Rockville Centre located in Rockville Centre and Massapequa Park will be closed through Monday, April 13, 2020. Offices are scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, at 8:30 am. These locations will be thoroughly cleaned during closure. All employees will be working remotely, with business being conducted by email, telephonically or electronically, as best as possible. For the latest information visit www.drvc.org.