Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
In this Sunday’s Gospel, Jesus is walking with his disciples through Galilee. Jesus tells his disciples that there will be conflict. He explains that he will suffer, die and rise. The disciples don’t want to think about what he is saying, they are afraid to ask questions. Instead, they argue about which one of them is the greatest. Jesus knew what they were talking about, so he tells them that if they want to be first, they must be humble and serve others.
Arguments as the disciples had in this Sunday’s Gospel are common in family life. Ever had this argument? I want to be first. I did the dishes yesterday; someone else should do it today. Why did she/he get chosen and I did not? All of us need to be reminded that to be great in God’s Kingdom is to be the servant of all.
As a family watch video in its entirety and ask each other this question.
How do you serve others?
Family Prayer: Lord, help us to see you when we see people in need.
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
September 19, 2021 - 25th Sunday of Ordinary Time
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
We were very blessed last weekend with the weather and organization of our yearly procession in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This year we walked from St Luke’s to St. Anne’s, next year we will go other way. We were blessed with good numbers of participants, and we prayed and sang all along the way. The police were very helpful keeping us safe and coordinated crossings through the traffic. We prayed for all our people in Brentwood, for all families of our parishes. May the power of the Blessed Sacrament and Blessed Mother protect all people in Brentwood from violence and troubles, may She watch all the children going to school, may the Lord save us all from the pandemic.
9/19/21 - Vigésimo quinto Domingo de Tiempo Ordinario
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos:
Fuimos muy bendecidos el fin de semana pasado con el clima y la organización de nuestra procesión anual en honor a la Santisima Virgen Maria. Este año caminamos de St. Lucas a Sta. Ana, el año que viene será de Sta. Ana hacia St. Lucas. Fuimos bendecidos con un buen número de participantes, oramos y cantamos durante todo el camino. La policía fue muy útil para mantenernos a salvo y ordenar el cruce del tráfico. Oramos por toda nuestra gente en Brentwood, y por todas las familias nuestra parroquia. Que el poder del Santísimo Sacramento y la Santisima Madre proteja a todas las personas en Brentwood de la violencia y los problemas, que Ella vea a todos los niños ir a la escuela, que el Señor nos salve a todos de la pandemia.
Announcements September 18 & 19, 2021
1. We are registering children, youth and adults for the classes to receive the sacraments. Classes will start in October.
2. We need strong volunteers to help in outreach. If you are healthy and have time, you may be retired but you want to serve those in need, please contact Janet in the parish outreach.
3. We will have a Healthy Sunday on November 26th 9:00 am to 12:00 pm for flu vaccination, blood pressure screening. We invite all, especially those without insurance, see the bulletin for more information.
ANUNCIOS septiembre 18/19, 2021
1. Todavía se están registrando niños, jóvenes y adultos para las clases para recibir los sacramentos. Las clases comienzan en octubre.
2. Necesitamos voluntarios fuertes para ayudarnos en nuestra oficina de alcance. Si esta saludable y tiene tiempo, talvez este retirado, pero quiere servir a otros, favor comunicarse con Janet en la oficina de alcance.
3. El 26 de noviembre, tendremos el Domingo Saludable, de 9 am a 12 pm, se ofrecerá la vacuna contra el flu, se tomará la presión sanguínea. Invitamos a todos especialmente a aquellos sin seguro médico, ver más información en el boletín.
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
Police Alert Residents of Scams
The 'Equality Act' discriminates against people of faith and threatens unborn life.Tell Congress you oppose it!
2- Enter "Saint Anne’s
Church" in Parish or
3- Click Next
4- Enter your name & email
5- Click Sign Up
Spell "Saint Anne's" this way: