Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
The seven-week Lent retreat with Chris Stefanick and Bishops from around the country (including our own Bishop/Barres)!
Watch The Search on the Catholic Faith Network (CFNTV) or on FORMED and experience a Lent like no other.
If your faith is already solid, The Search will help you to deepen it. If you’re feeling unsure, it’s for you too. If you’re worried about your kids or grandkids, it’s a great series for you to share with them! Plus, each week Chris will help you dive deeper into how to use it in small groups during his LIVE show, The Life You Were Made For.
Click the link below to get notified each week when the show is live and join us for what could be your most meaningful Lent ever! It’s FREE to be part of the audience, beginning Thursday at 8 p.m. ET.
- Connection to abortion
- Vaccine order of preference
- Why you should still get vaccinated
Click to open:
This Second Sunday of Easter is about faith and divine mercy. Last week Jesus was resurrected. The Apostles were scared and confused. This week we hear how they were hiding behind locked doors when Jesus appeared and said "Peace be with you.” He wanted them to be at peace. He loved them; he would always be there for them. Thomas one of the apostles was not there when Jesus appeared, and he did not believe the apostles when they told him Jesus had appeared. Jesus came back a week later and doubting Thomas was there and Jesus showed him his wounds. Jesus asked him to touch his wounds. Then he said to doubting Thomas “Have you come to believe because you have seen me?” “Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”
As a family watch video in its entirety and then ask each other this question:
What doubts or questions about God are you struggling with?
This Sunday is also the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday. On this day we thank God for His forgiveness and love. We know how much he loves us because he suffered and died for us. It is the mercy of God that lets all of us come back to Him after we have sinned.
Family Prayer: Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. Amen
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
April 11, 2021 - Second Sunday of Easter
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Since the year 2000, the 2nd Sunday of Easter is called Divine Mercy Sunday, when the Holy Father John Paul II canonized St. Faustina and officially designated that Sunday to be called so. The origin of the feast goes back to year 1935, when it was first celebrated publicly in Vilnius, known today as the country of Lithuania, then it was Poland.
The whole devotion is based on revelations made by Jesus to the nun, Sister Faustina Kowalska, who had those revelations starting on February 22, 1931. Jesus asked her to paint the image of himself, that she had seen. He wanted her to spread his message of mercy and trust. The message is to make us aware of God’s Love and Mercy for all. God wants us to know, that his Mercy is greater than all our sins, his mercy is infinite.
4/11/2021 - Segundo Domingo de Pascua.
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos.
Desde el año 200, el segundo Domingo de Pascua se denomina Domingo de la Divina Misericordia, cuando el Santo Padre Juan Pablo II canonizo a Santa Faustina y designo oficialmente este Domingo para que se la llamara asi. El origen de la fiesta se remonta a 1935, cuando se celebro públicamente por primera vez en Vilnius, hoy un país de Lituania, que en Polonia.
Toda la devoción se basa en las revelaciones hechas por Jesus a la monja, Sor Faustina Kowalska, quien tuvo esas revelaciones a partir del 22 de Febrero de 1931. Jesus le pidió que pintara la imagen de si mismo que ella había visto. Queria que ella difundiera su mensaje de misericordia y confianza. El mensaje es hacernos conscientes del amor y la Misericordia de Dios para todos. Dios quiere que sepamos, que su misericordia es mayor que todos nuestros pecados, su misericordia es infinita.
Announcements: April 10 +11 2021
- Happy Easter to everyone!!! We are still in novena of Easter with the Mercy Sunday. May God continue to bless you and all your loved ones. Once more we want to thank everyone who helps and serves in any capacity in the parish. Our celebrations went smoothly and were beautiful only because of your help and participation. Whatever it was, either liturgy, music, stations of the cross, decorations, cleaning, ushering, transmitting, parking help, outreach, or participation in liturgy and prayer, we thank you so much. It was all beautiful because of you. God bless you always!!!
- As of now, Doctor Erica registered over 500 people from our parish for the vaccination. Doc. Erica Diminich is still registering people from our parish for the vaccination. People 16 years old up are able to get their vaccine. If you are interested please register with Esperanza or in the parish office or on weekends directly with the Doctor when she is here in the basement of the church. Even if you are undocumented you can be vaccinated. You will get your vaccination ticket when they will be able to register you.
The Doctor Erica said, that a month after having virus one can get vaccinated.
- Doctor Erica can register for vaccination the persons who are homebound.
They would be vaccinated in their home. Come to office or to the doctor on weekends when she is here to register them.
- The adoration of the Holy Sacrament that we usually have on Thursdays, after the 12noon Mass, for this week has been moved to Tuesday. Please be aware. No adoration this coming Thursday afternoon.
- Use our Book Store to purchase Bible and other religious articles. It is open after the 9:00 Mass on Sunday. You may find as well the Diary of St. Faustina in English or Spanish.
- Happy Divine Mercy Sunday. This Sunday at 2:30 we will have a special celebration Divine Mercy Sunday. Please consider participation.
Blessings to all!!!
ANUNCIOS ABRIL 10 & 11
- ¡Felices pascual a todos! Todavía estamos en la novena de pascua con el domingo de la Misericordia. Que el Señor continúe bendiciéndolos a todos y sus familias. Una vez mas queremos agradecer a todos los que ayudaron y sirvieron en la parroquia, nuestras celebraciones se realizaron bien y fueron hermosas, gracias a su ayuda y participación, ya sea en la liturgia, la música, el vía crucis, decoración, limpieza, acomodadores, transmisión en vivo, parqueo, outreach, etc. Les agradecemos a todos que participaron. Todo fue hermoso gracias a su ayuda. Dios los bendiga a todos.
- Hasta hoy la Dr. Erica Diminich ha registrado mas de 500 personas de nuestra parroquia para la vacunación, Dr. Erica todavía esta registrando para la vacuna en nuestra parroquia. Ya las personas de 16 en adelante pueden ser vacunados. Si desea registrarse comuníquese con Esperanza o en la oficina parroquial. Aun sin documentos, puede ser vacunado. Doctora dijo que un mes después de pasar el Virus uno se puede vacunar.
- También la Dr. Erica puede registrar a las personas que se quedan en casa, ellos pueden ser vacunados en sus hogares. Un familiar puede venir a la oficina a registrarlos o pueden venir cuando la Doctora está registrando.
- La adoración del Santísimo Sacramente que usualmente hacemos los Jueves después de la misa de 12 ha sido cambiado para martes, solamente para esta semana, planeé en participar. El jueves no habrá adoración por la tarde.
- Use nuestra librería para comprar biblias o artículos religiosos, esta abierta los domingos después de la misa de 9. También pueden encontrar el Diario de Santa Faustina en Inglés y Español.
- Feliz Dia de la Divina Misericordia. Este domingo a las 2:30 tendremos una celebración especial. ¡Considere participar!
Dios bendiga a todos.
Meet the Author: Annabelle Moseley
April 11, 2021 (Divine Mercy Sunday) via Zoom
As she reads and answers questions on her acclaimed new book: Our House of the Sacred Heart, which is a Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Litany of the Sacred Heart published by EnRoute Books. Annabelle Moseley is a Professor of Theology, energetic presenter and award-winning Catholic author.
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
Police Alert Residents of Scams
The 'Equality Act' discriminates against people of faith and threatens unborn life.Tell Congress you oppose it!
2- Enter "Saint Anne’s
Church" in Parish or
3- Click Next
4- Enter your name & email
5- Click Sign Up
Spell "Saint Anne's" this way: