Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
10/1/23 - The Parable of the Two Sons - Cycle A
In this Sunday’s Gospel of Matthew, Jesus tells a parable (story) of two sons whose father asked them to help in the vineyard. The first son said no to his father and then changed his mind and helped. The second son said yes, he would help but he did not. Both sons were asked to help. The difference between the two sons is that the first son that said no disobeyed with his words but obeyed with his action. The second son said yes with his words but disobeyed with his action.
There are times when we are asked to do something and say yes and plan not to do it. Other times we might say no and then realize we need to do it. Jesus teaches us that our actions are as important as our words. When we go to Mass each Sunday, we learn God’s love for us and how to love one another. It is important that our actions match what we learn and say at each Mass and live God’s love through our words and actions in our world.
As a family watch video in its entirety and then ask each other these questions.
What makes you say no instead of yes when you are asked to do something? What do you say yes to and do?
Family Prayer: Jesus, help us to hear what you want us to know and to say yes to you. Amen.
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
October 1, 2023- 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
In the Gospel of this Sunday, Jesus gives us a parable of two sons, one of them is rebellious and the other is a pleaser, who says what someone wants to hear without doing what he promises. The rebellious son is resentful of being asked to work in the vineyard and lacks of respectful response, but ultimately corrects himself and goes to do what his father asked him. Instead, the second son pleased his father with positive answer, but failed to make it happen in reality distracted by his own personal interests. It is obvious, that the first son even with his initial rebellion, later goes to do the will of the father. The second son seemed to be right in response at the beginning, but never did the will of his father. The apparent knowledge of the will of his father, was not enough to win over his laziness, procrastination and personal interests.
10/1/23 - VIGESIMO SEXTO DOMINGO DE TIEMPO ORDINARIO
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos,
En el Evangelio de este Domingo Jesus nos regala la parábola de dos hijos, uno de ellos es rebelde y el otro es muy complaciente, que dice lo que alguien quiere oir sin hacer lo que promete. El hijo rebelde esta resentido porque le piden que trabaje en la viña y no responde con respeto, pero finalmente se corrige y va a hacer lo que su padre le pidió. En cambio, el segundo hijo complacio a su padre con una respuesta positiva, pero no logro concretarla, en realidad estaba distraído por sus propios intereses personales. Es obvio, que el primer hijo aun con su rebelión inicial, luego va a hacer la voluntad del padre. El segundo hijo parecio tener razón al principio, pero nunca cumplio la voluntad del padre. El aparente conocimiento de la voluntad de su padre, no fue suficiente para vencer su pereza, dilación e interés personal.
Announcements October 1st, 2023
1. The Long Island Coalition invites us to stand up for the Respect Life movement this Sunday October 1st. More information on the bulletin.
2..For the feast of St. Francis on this Wednesday, October 4th at 6:00pm, we will have the Blessing of Pets and domestic animals in front of the main entrance to the church.
We will have another time for the blessing of Pets and domestic animals on: next Sunday October 8th at 4:30pm. in the front of the main entrance to the church.
3. Coming Thursday October 5th from 9:00am to 4:00pm, the Stony Brook's mobile radiology unit, will be on the church parking lot to do mamograms. For more information consult the bulletin.
4.This Thursday, October 5th is the feast of St. Faustina, and on the 6th is the feast of St. Bruno, and the 7th is the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
5. Next Saturday October 7th at the Knights of Columbus parking lot, the Columbiettes will have their garage sale.
6. If you want to be part of the Christmas choir or Pageant, the rehearsal will be in October, every Tuesday at 6 pm. Please consult the bulletin for more information. It is for the children from 9 to 14 years old.
Anuncios 1 de octubre de 2023
1. Este Domingo el 1 de octubre la Coalición de Long Island nos invita a la parada en Respeto a la Vida. Más información en el boletín.
2. Este Miercoles, el 4 de Octubre, en la fiesta de San Francisco tendremos la Bendición de mascotas y animales domesticos en la entrada principal de la iglesia.
La Bendición de mascotas se hará también el próximo Domingo a las 4:30 en la entrada principal de la iglesia.
3. Este Jueves 5 de octubre, de 9:00 am a 4:00 pm, la unidad móvil de radiología de Stony Brook estará en el estacionamiento de la iglesia para realizar mamografías a las personas necesitadas. Para más información consulte el boletín.
4. Este Jueves 5 de octubre es también la fiesta de Santa Faustina, octubre 6 es la fiesta de San Bruno, and octubre 7 es la fiesta de Nuestra Senora del Rosario.
5. Las Columbietas tendrán su venta de garaje el Sabado 7 de octubre en el estacionamiento de Caballeros de Colón.
6. Niños de 9 a 14 años, que quieran ser parte del coro navideño o las posadas, el ensayo será en octubre, todos los martes a las 6 p.m. Por favor consulte el boletín para más información. ¡Que tengan todos una bendecida semana!
God in the streets of Brentwood:
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
Police Alert Residents of Scams
The 'Equality Act' discriminates against people of faith and threatens unborn life.Tell Congress you oppose it!
Missionaries of Evangelization
2- Enter "Saint Anne’s
Church" in Parish or
3- Click Next
4- Enter your name & email
5- Click Sign Up
Spell "Saint Anne's" this way: