Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
1/16/22 - Wedding in Cana- Cycle C
In this Sunday’s Gospel, Jesus performs his first miracle. He turns water into wine at a wedding in Cana. Mary observed that the hosts had run out of wine and this could become an embarrassing situation. Mary told Jesus and he said he wasn’t ready, but Mary told the servers “Do whatever he tells you”. Jesus obeyed Mary and asked the servers to bring six stone jars with water and changes the water into wine. And not just ordinary wine, but the very best. This is the first sign of Jesus glory.
Mary interceded at the wedding celebration and Jesus listened to her request and obeyed. Mary intercedes for us when we ask her to pray for us. She is an example of how presenting our needs and those of others to Jesus we can be confident that he will respond to our prayers in extraordinary ways.
As a family watch video in its entirety and then ask each other this question.
When we see a need how can we try to help?
Family Prayer: Jesus, help us to be obedient, just like you were to your mother. Help us see the needs of others. Help us to do what you teach us.
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
January 16, 2022 - 2nd Sunday of Ordinary Time
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
This past Sunday we celebrated the Baptism of the Lord, that ended the Christmas season. At the 3:00pm Mass, Bishop Richard Henning baptized 15 of our children and youth, who are preparing as well for other Sacraments. We will baptize a few more on a later date, as for some, this day was not possible to make it. Even though the Christmas season ended, we will keep the season flowers and decorations as long as they survive, given the care they need. Remember that the celebration of the presentation of Jesus in the temple is on February 2nd, marking the 40 days after Christmas.
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos,
Es difícil creer que la Navidad haya terminado tan rápido. Quisiéramos que durara mas, pero no podemos detener el tiempo. Con el Año Nuevo hemos madurado y hemos hecho nuestra nueva resolución, ojala mas realista y sabia, vista con humildad y apego al Señor. Para hacerte pensar en el Señor y verlo a través de los ojos de otra persona, quiero compartir contigo la conversación de alguien con el Señor. Deja que te ayude a hacer tu propia oración y conversión con Jesus, sobre lo que necesitas para este año que viene, cuales serán tus propósitos.
Announcements January 9th, 2022
- I want to thank all of you, for supporting our parish by service and material contributions. God bless you in all you need and do, for the wellbeing of your families and our parish. Please consider making your donations On-Line. Follow the instructions to do it on the parish website.
- Our New Year’s calendars are a gift from Grant’s Funeral Home. We thank the Grant Family for their generosity with our parish.
We wish you all a Happy New Year!!!
- Our Dominican Republic parishioners invite us to celebrate the Blessed Mother’s feast under de title of Altagracia. We will celebrate it on January 22 and 23rd .
- The Puerto Rican Coalition will present the Three Kings Day this Sunday January 9th at 1 p.m. at Knights of Columbus. All are invited.
- This weekend after Masses we are going to give gifts to children from 0 to 14 years old. We share what we have received through generosity of others. It is another Christmas gift for you, from the 3 wise men. God bless everyone!
Anuncios enero 9, 2022.
1.Deseo agradecer a todos los feligreses que apoyan la parroquia por medio de su servicio y donaciones materiales. Que Dios los bendiga en todo lo que necesitan y hacen, por el bienestar de sus familias y nuestra parroquia. Consideren hacer sus donaciones en línea. Pueden seguir las instrucciones en el sitio web de la parroquia.
2.Nuestros calendarios de Año Nuevo son una donación de la casa funeraria Grant’s. Le damos las gracias a la familia Grant por su generosidad hacia nuestra parroquia. Les deseamos a todos un Feliz Año Nuevo.
3. Nuestros feligreses de Republica Dominicana nos invitan a la celebración de la Santisima Virgen con el titulo de Altagracia. La celebración será el 22 y 23 de enero.
4. La Coalición Puertorriqueña presentara a los tres reyes magos en 9 de enero a la 1:00 p.m. en los Caballeros de Colon. Todos están invitados.
5. Después de las misas de este weekend, daremos regalos a los niños de 0 a 14 años. Compartimos lo que hemos recibido gracias a la generosidad de otros. Estos son otros regalos de Navidad, traídos por los Reyes Magos al Ninio Jesus y a ustedes.
¡Que Dios les bendiga siempre, Feliz Año Nuevo!
Pick up a free copy of Matthew Kelly's new book at the entrance of the church
(while supplies last).
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
Police Alert Residents of Scams
The 'Equality Act' discriminates against people of faith and threatens unborn life.Tell Congress you oppose it!
2- Enter "Saint Anne’s
Church" in Parish or
3- Click Next
4- Enter your name & email
5- Click Sign Up
Spell "Saint Anne's" this way: