Saint Anne's R.C. Church
88 Second Ave, Brentwood NY 11717
Telephone: 631-273-8113 • Fax: 631-436-7914
Parish Website: www.stannebrentwood.org
Monday - Friday: 12:00 Noon and 5:00 PM* (English)
Wednesday: 7:30 PM (French Creole)
Thursday: 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Saturday Morning Daily Mass: 9:00 AM (English)
Saturday: 5:00 PM (English), 7:00 PM (Spanish)
Sunday: 7:30 AM (English), 9:00 AM (Spanish), 11:00 AM (English), 12:30 PM (French Creole), 3:00 PM (Spanish), 5:00 PM (English), 6:00 PM (Spanish)
Daily: Monday – Friday 4:30 PM*
Saturdays: 4:00 - 4:45 PM
* new time as of 10/19/20
To: All Clergy and Laity of the Diocese of Rockville Centre
From: Lisa Honkanen, M.D., Director of the Office of Human Life,Family & Bioethics
Re: Moral Questions Regarding the New COVID-19 Vaccines
Date: December 15, 2020
As the first doses of the new COVID-19 vaccines, authorized by the FDA for emergency use, have begun to be administered to people in our country, a number of questions have arisen regarding the morality of accepting the new vaccines based on the link to abortion in their development and production.
Virtual / Local in 2021
In the absence of traveling to Washington D.C. this year, the Diocese of Rockville Center is coordinating and publicizing local activities on Long Island.
Visit their special website at: https://www.drvcmarchforlife.com/
A second Zoom presentation will be given by Paul Montenero to present some details on Monday, Jan 25th at 7:30PM. St Anne's parishioners can attend at:
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 876 5447 9398 ---- Passcode: 012273
Police Alert Residents of Scams
The Nassau and Suffolk County Police Departments are advising county residents
to be alert for various scams, especially during the holiday season.
In this Sunday’s Gospel Jesus calls Andrew, Simon (Peter), James and John to leave their jobs as fishermen and to follow him. When God calls, we must be ready to drop everything and follow.
As a family watch video in its entirety and then ask each other this question. What would you have to leave behind to follow Jesus?
Family Prayer: Lord, help us to follow you because you know what will make us truly happy. Amen
Below is a video of the story of Jesus. Click the link for your language
January 24, 2021
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
This week we celebrated the feast of OUR LADY OF ALTA GRACIA - Our Lady of a high grace with our Dominican community. It is the image on which the Blessed Mother together with St Joseph presents Jesus to us lying in the manger. Literally She gives Him to us. The Blessed Mother didn’t receive Jesus for herself but for the whole humanity. Now the decision is our to respond.
Around the year we have placed the image above the steps of entrance to Religious Education office in the basement of the church. We can say that we keep coming to the Blessed Mother to adore Christ, to be enlightened, blessed and saved by him.
Queridas Hermanas y Hermanos,
Esta semana celebramos la fiesta de NUESTRA SEñORA DE ALTAGRACIA – Nuestra Señora de Gracia Suprema con nuestra comunidad Dominicana. Es la imagen en la que la Madre junto con San Jose nos presenta a Jesus acostado en el pesebre. Literalmente nos lo da. La Santisima Virgen no recibió a Jesus para ella sino para toda la humanidad. Ahora la decisión es nuestra de responder.
Announcements: January 23/24, 2021
1. Thanks to your great generosity we have reached our Catholic Ministries goal. There was a particular donor, a parishioner who made a big donation towards our goal. Please pay your pledges as you have made them. We thank you for the support of our Diocesan and Parish charities.
2.Doctor Erica Diminich, PhD, with her team from Stony Brook University is conducting a study of health issues in our Latino community. To participants they will receive various free medical tests, and will receive $50 for participation. Please sign up for it with Esperanza, or call parish office.
3. To all volunteers in the parish serving in any capacity in our community, please see in the bulletin important instructions to update the Virtus and background check requirements to serve in the Catholic Church. If you need more information please call the numbers in the bulletin or call the Parish Office. Ana will answer any questions you may have about it.
4.We remind you about the telephone scams with messaging, asking for money or gift cards on behalf of Fr. Stan, or on the behalf of any priests, deacon or anyone. Please be aware it is SCAM. This same could happened through email. Don’t fall for it.
5. Our Parish Outreach is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 to 11:30.
If you need any help or assistance with food, clothing or other needs, please don’t hesitate to contact the Outreach by calling and making appointment for the assistance. If your neighbors even not Catholics need help, encourage them to call Outreach for appointment. If a family has COVID we may deliver some food to their door. Please Share that information with others in the parish.
Blessings to all!!!
ANUNCIOS: ENERO 23 Y 24, 2021
1. Agradecemos su gran generosidad al haber llegado a la meta de La Campaña de Apoyo a los Ministerios Católicos. Tuvimos un donante en particular, un feligrés que hizo una gran donación para cumplir nuestra meta. Por favor pagar sus cuotas como las prometió. Agradecemos su apoyo a las caridades diocesanas y parroquiales
2. La Dra. Erica Diminich, PhD y su equipo de Stony Brook está haciendo un estudio sobre los problemas de salud de la comunidad latina. Los participantes recibirán varios exámenes de salud gratis y $50.00 por su participación. Por favor registrarse con Esperanza o llamar a la oficina.
3. Nuestra librería de Santa Ana tiene artículos religiosos, libros y regalos.
4. Todos los voluntarios sirviendo en todas las capacidades en la comunidad, por favor ver en el boletín instrucciones importantes para actualizar el Virtus y chequeo de datos que son requeridos para poder servir en la Iglesia Católica. Si necesitan mas información pueden llamar a los números en el boletín o a la oficina de la Parroquia.
5. Les recordamos sobre las estafas telefónicas, con mensajes pidiendo dinero o tarjetas de regalo en nombre del P. Stan o de otro de los sacerdotes, diáconos u otra persona. También puede pasar por e mail. Por favor no caigan en esa trampa.
6. Outreach abre los lunes, martes y jueves de 9 a 11:30 am. Si necesitan ayuda con alimentos, ropa u otras necesidades, llame para hacer una cita. Si tiene vecinos que necesiten ayuda, aunque no sean católicos, dígales que pueden llamar para hacer una cita. Si hay familias tienen COVID, les podemos enviar alimentos y dejarlos en la puerta de su casa. Por favor comparta esta información.
¡Dios los bendiga a todos!
Background Screening Update
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People:
The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (The Charter) promulgated by the Bishops of the United States in 2002 outlines specific practices and guidelines providing standards of safety in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States. As directed in The Charter, the Diocese of Rockville Centre requires all employees, clergy, and volunteers to complete three requirements within thirty days of employment or volunteering:
- Attend Protecting God’s Children Program (Virtus)
- Sign the Codes of Conduct;
- Complete a background screen application. The Diocese requires all those who remain in active ministry be rescreened at 5 yr. intervals. volunteers/employees.
A Word on Background Screening of Volunteers:
The Office for the Protection of Children and Young People (OFPCYP) has streamlined the volunteer application process enabling volunteers to complete the three safe environment requirements in one step. Individuals wishing to volunteer in a parish or school:
- Register to attend a Protecting God’s Children class and create a Virtus account on the Virtus website: www.Virtus.org
- Electronically acknowledge the Diocesan Code of Conduct- provided during the Virtus registration process.
- Follow the instructions to complete the Sterling Volunteers background screening application background offered during the Virtus registration process.